Family Advisory & Senior Living Placement Services
Senior Advisory Services
A personal, step-by-step senior advocacy service helping families understand options available when caring for a senior. We assist with educating and navigating families on the types of services available to them, in-home care versus senior living communities, cost comparisons for long term care planning, local services and eligibility for federal, state, Veterans financial assistance programs. We work directly with the family providing guidance and direction in making the right lifestyle decision for their senior loved one the first time! We also provide an in-state ‘peace of mind’ advocacy service for families living out of town that want someone local to oversee and monitor the seniors care needs. Services may include assisting with scheduling and attending doctor visits, transportation, shopping for personal supplies and general requests for assistance.
5 Step Placement Process
A lot of costly mistakes can be avoided when broaching the subject of assisted living. Costly not just in financial terms but also in emotional terms. Stop worrying about the situation and get placement services and the help you need from Senior Care Lifestyles, LLC. This work is my passion. You can count on me to help no matter the situation you find yourself. As always, our initial Consultation is complementary and Placement Services are no cost to the family as we partner with multiple communities throughout Maryland.
Here’s the 5 step process we use to meet the needs of our elders when living alone is no longer an option.
- Information Gathering: First, we schedule a meeting or phone call with the senior and/or family to understand the medical care needs, personal interests, geographic preference, discuss finances and eligibility for financial assistance programs to determine the monthly budget available for care.
- Action Plan: Based on information gathered above we create an action plan and agree on the timeline with the family to visit communities.
- Schedule Tours: We value time and will only reach out to qualified communities that match the identified care needs, personal interests, location and budget of the senior and will schedule tours and accompany the family on tours to assist in the decision process and narrowing down options.
- Paperwork Assist: We’ll take the time needed to assist you in gathering and completing the medical forms and paperwork required by all communities prior to move-in.
- Share Resources: We’ll share our recommended list of experienced senior experts with you to contact that can assist you, if needed, with downsizing, packing, moving, sale of real estate and elder law services.
Alternative Senior Living Services
Understanding what community is right for you or your loved one can be a very stressful, time consuming and emotionally overwhelming task. To help families and seniors in their selection, Senior Care Lifestyles, a local Maryland company, has partnered with senior communities throughout various geographic locations and counties in Maryland. Because we are local we have personal up to date knowledge of existing and new construction communities in the area, the services they offer, costs, living options and current availability. We match our clients with assisted living communities that meet the seniors personal care needs, social preferences, interests, location and budget. Then, we personally set up visits and will escort our clients and their family on tours of the community whether it is Assisted Living, Private Residential Care Homes, Dementia/Alzheimer’s Care communities, Short Term Respite Care, Skilled Nursing homes, or Independent Retirement communities.
Speaking the Language of Senior Care – Senior Housing Definitions:
- Assisted Living: Senior residential communities that assist with activities of daily living from medication management, bathing, dressing, transportation, 3 meals a day, housekeeping, laundry services and activities to maintain an active lifestyle with support close if needed.
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care: A safe and secured environment specifically for memory-impaired residents allowing them to age in place while maintaining their independence and dignity surrounded by staff trained in the various stages of progressive dementia care.
- Respite Care:Temporary residency in an assisted living community that provides help with activities of daily living while the primary care taker is away, or the senior needs additional care or out-patient rehab services in a supervised setting before they can return home alone.
- Skilled Nursing: Homes for seniors who require 24/7 medical attention similar to skilled services received in a hospital setting such as IV therapy, coma care, wound care or requiring multiple person assist or Hoyer lift.
- Independent Living: Communities that provide an active lifestyle environment in a 1 or 2-bedroom apartment or cottage complete with full kitchen and bath. Many include 1-2 meals per day, cleaning and activity options to maintain an active lifestyle.